Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Melbourne love...


The past couple of days have been spent just kicking back and enjoying Melbourne. I've been taking things at a leisurely pace, and I've been appreciating the little things about the city I love. The sight of pigeons scurrying across sidewalks and people scurrying to cross in the Flinders Street/Elizabeth Street intersection. I'd had the pleasure last month of being awestruck upon my tram passing under this. I've had the wonderful experience of sitting in Delgraves Street (pictured) and having breakfast with my older sister one morning the previous June; which involved attacking a huge bowl of warm porridge. I've had a few awesome times with my friend Mel, with countless trips to Starbucks, and I've envied the people on horse drawn carriages in the central business district and always wondered how much those rides would cost.

And it's also hard to believe I'll be in Thailand this coming April - which coincides with my twentieth birthday. I admit I am getting fairly excited, although I will be more so once my passport is sorted and is safely in my hands.

Hope your year has started off wonderfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment