Friday, January 20, 2012

Rummaging for answers in the pages...

And then you kind of experience things for yourself. 
And find the line between fiction and reality.


Some housekeeping involved with a trip to Mildura next week, hopefully seeing a few friends, and family. I've got breakfast with my older sister to look forward to in the morning, and I'm on a high from my first time driving at night. The lights are all so pretty and distracting in Melbourne at night and it's difficult to appreciate when starting to take on a driver's perspective.


Right now I have an open suitcase behind me and it's packed with barely anything. My room is a mess, I'm still working through getting a passport, and I'm terrified at the prospect of being financially aware - not that I haven't been aware this past year - but still. It's little moments that make me so aware of how lucky I am. 

I've saved up enough to go on holiday - overseas! - but also the mundane. I cook my dinner and place it in front of me. Somehow I can't find the words to complain - by having a warm cooked meal in front of me, I'm doing so much better than a large percentage of the world right now. People losing jobs, unable to purchase medicine for simple illnesses, and the list goes on.

The world is a contradiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment