Saturday, March 16, 2013

Complaining about complainers.



As of this moment, four days until Paris. Conflicting emotions, but mainly excitement on my end. I have a couple of exams and some classwork to do before I leave though, so looking forward to the other end.

So today I just seemed to notice something, so I've just come here to discuss with - or complain to - my computer screen. People that seem to live and thrive on drama like oxygen. People having to know other people's business. People not being up front with each other. And people who whine incessantly about things that can't be controlled.

I just don't understand how some people need drama to feel accomplished. Maybe it's because I've had my fair share of drama in the past couple of years - and I've hated it. I'm not one for too much attention - and I'm fed up with being questioned for being who I am and what I do. It's insipid. I know of one girl who strung two guys along and it was to the point where they were almost at each other's throats. Too many people were getting hurt and the girl insisted that she 'cared for them both'.

...if you truly cared, you wouldn't put anyone, anyone through that.

Some people just feel the need to poke into other people's business; and perhaps that's why I don't do the same myself. People can do what they like as far as I'm concerned; just as long as it doesn't affect me negatively.

People not being honest with each other because they're afraid of hurting them... I've been on the receiving end of that, and I can safely say: It hurts more afterwards. You're doing no favours by holding things back.

I also know of a person who constantly whines about every little shitty thing in their life on their Twitter feed. They're bitter and moody and it's unhealthy to read those tweets. It's like every little bad thought has to be tweeted to be purged from their system. To this person I say: think about every good thing you've come across for every negative thought you put out there. And think about what you tweet.

It's been a while since I really put mind to blog - since I've been so busy seeing the world! Perhaps next time I'll be able to treat you to some French scenery...

No comments:

Post a Comment