Sunday, March 3, 2013

Achieving in my lifetime.



So I've just been ice skating for the first time.

I know, before I went I thought it was a perfect recipe for a crazy catastrophe. I can barely walk on solid ground and the few times I've been on rollerblades have been labelled as 'traumatising'. The previously mentioned Swedish family asked me, so I thought, what the hell.

I borrowed some gear from this generous family. A few others tagged along, some who lived in Australia for a year as well. We went to this lake a little ways out of town (no walls to hang on to like a crutch!). It's a nice activity for Swedes on a nice day as it was, people skating, playing a little hockey, maybe some lunch.


The moment came and I wobbled out onto the ice. The girls each came and grabbed a hand and we glided out together. It was a touching little moment, and I know it's going to be a highlight of my time here in Sweden. They let go and they started teaching me how to skate, and before long I was gliding along on the ice. Gradually more confidence built and I was doing turns and stuff, watching the kids going along and wishing I'd grown up skating.

The dad caught some video of my skating. I'll get it soon for you to see.

We stopped for lunch, there was a fire pit there and everyone was cooking sausages and hamburgers. We had hotdogs and soft drink afterwards before heading back to the family home for fika (strawberry pie and ice cream).


I hope I get to go ice skating again.
...my first time ice skating was on a lake in Örebro, Sweden. How many people can say that?

I'm leaving for Lapland tomorrow for a few days. And I also booked a flight for PARIS for a few days in three weeks. I'm absolutely excited for it (it's on my bucket list) and I can't wait to finally achieve a dream of mine. It's freaking Paris.


No comments:

Post a Comment