Monday, August 30, 2010

Get me some Nasonex, you swine!

End of winter. Sadly. Let the sneeze fest begin even more so. Only just got the symptoms of hayfever this time last year, so I'm not particularly looking forward to it. Plus I LOVE winter and the hot chocolate and rugging up in the city.


Bottled some RAHSberries today. It was somehat fun. Jewels tagged along because she was fascinated about the bottle sterilising process. Not really a big deal to us food tech students, just necessary.

Defrosting frozen ones was my last resort because I really wanted fresh ones, but I had no choice - they're not in season.

...yes, they were really put in the oven.

Once defrosted, they were squishy and deliciously sour.


Truly EPIC True Blood moment here.

This was especially tricky. Slippery, tongs, BOILING hot water. Enough said.

Looking forward to serving these with my cake next week. The syrup makes them extra sugary (I hope).

2 comments:

  1. The bottle sterillising bit was fascinating! I never knew you had to make glass so hot before you could put stuff in it! And those raspberries... I will be tagging along to your foodtech class when you serve those because I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds reasonable. Wednesday next week? . . . I'll be icing the cake, serving it and commercially comparing it. :)

    ReplyDelete