Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hush, Hush vs. Fallen



So this week I read Crescendo, (my copy has this blueish tinge, funny enough) the sequel to Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush, Hush and I found it a really good break from reality. I hadn't reread Hush, Hush in anticipation of Crescendo, and yet I wasn't really lost at all. I found it  almost easy to guess the baddie near the end... and was proved true. See there, I avoided a spoiler. Be proud of me.

And for a while I wondered the differences between the Hush, Hush and Fallen series. Both featuring human girls falling for fallen angels, being forbidden, not knowing the whole story and being painted as feminists. Nora Grey vs. Lucinda Price. Sorry Nora, but Luce wins hands down. No contest. There's just more depth I feel to Fallen, at least emotionally. Nora just seems determined to make Patch jealous for incomprehensible reason, whereas Daniel was being openly hostile and distant from Luce, understandably driving her into Miles' arms. Plus I have a weaker spot for past lives, as I have implied into my latest writing adventure.

Additionally, you can't exactly argue with this cover art.


Okay. Well. Other news, I have succeeded in one particular conquest, and accommodated for it while barely containing my joy. I came across the poster completely by chance and I'm over the moon.


Also. Something that's been getting on my nerves lately. I know I may be selfish at some moments, but it's not like I had people to look out for me on a regular basis. Emotionally. It was fairly one sided, and that's pretty much how I developed and learned to think. Otherwise I couldn't really think straight.

Sorry. That's the truth. Just embrace the honesty.

1 comment:

  1. i love the keats quote! your wall is so cool =)
    is hush hush worth reading?

    ReplyDelete