Thursday, May 24, 2012

Recommends!

So in about three weeks, I'll be done with this trimester of uni. I have an exam (boo, hiss) and a couple of big assignments to go. Trying my best. That's all I can really do.



Other than that; I just read John Green's The Fault In Our Stars, and I can see why people why are enamoured with it - because I am too. It was another one of those books I couldn't put down; the characters were very down to earth and I can't imagine losing somebody really close to me to cancer. It's a very touching book that I would recommend to anybody.

Also just saw Napoleon Dynamite for the first time, and it was a film I quite liked without logic; things happened as the characters were developed; not like the traditional character development/things happen/character re-evaluates themselves/character is restored/happy ending linear format. Plus that dance and its aftermath was quite remarkable.

I'm eagerly awaiting Chad Sugg's new EP Modern Sway; the release has been delayed, but he's put up the EP for a free preview. Shake Shake and 25 are stand out tracks. I myself, I'm still reeling from Wizards. This guy doesn't get enough credit; compared to 'top chart' people like Paris Hilton who get attention for doing nothing.

Julie Benz is coming to the Melbourne leg of Oz Comic Con; the wonderful actress from shows like Buffy, Angel, Dexter, Supernatural; the list goes on. Oz Comic Con is shaping up to be a wonderful choice of mine!

And Once Upon A Time has started airing here in Australia (I think the US just got the Season 1 finale, double boo). From the first couple of episodes I've seen (it's mainly a lot of setting up, which is fairly necessary for any series, I mean look at how Buffy started out!) I quite like it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment