Wednesday, May 16, 2012

And I said that's fine, but you're the only one who knows I lied.

So things are, again, hectic. Good old Sufjan Stevens seems to inspire me when I'm not quite inspired enough on my own for university essays and the like.

Music wise? I'm looking forward to Metric's new album Synthetica coming out next month, and I just listened to Birds of Tokyo's self titled album. Really liked that one.


I've also gone a little crazy with online shopping. I've never done it before, and that excitement when there's a package in the mail a couple of weeks later is something quite new to me. It's mainly band t-shirts.

I've recently watched Pan's Labyrinth. On recommendations, which I'm glad I did. The librarian squealed with delight when I went to check it out at the campus library, so I was kind of like, yeah.

Don't get me wrong, there are many layers to Labyrinth, and I do like listening to the original Spanish dialogue it was shot with. But I think Donnie Darko will always be my favourite film to fit that niche, despite the fact that I had to study it to death in school... twice.


Work's been a little strange lately, but things are always strange with me I think.

I also got a very high score for an essay on hyper masculinity (which I had kind of pieced together while I was in Thailand and was not exactly expecting too much of a great result). The subject had interested me enough, and hey, Lorne! It was a pretty fantastic score for something I had honestly pieced together without obsessing too much over it. I admit that I'd struggled once I returned from Thailand (and hey, I think you could agree that anybody would feel the same in my position), so I was fairly surprised to say the least.

Lorne from Angel. He's the kind of character who's grown on me in the past couple of weeks.

As well as Fred.
 I'm near the end of season four with Angel. I'm slowly getting there.

The weekend that just past was more social than usual. Saturday I organised a special surprise dinner for my aunty (we dressed all formal and fancy and made dumplings). And Sunday involved a bit of homework before a dinner for Mother's Day; we had people over and everything.

I'll be working all next weekend (which I honestly don't mind too much, but), the three assessments due next week make things a little difficult.

Coldplay dates were announced in Australia! I'm hoping to snag some tickets.

And my NaNoWriMo memoir, about things happening to me the previous November, will be available online for purchase soon. I'm very excited about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment