Sunday, June 10, 2012

Lauren Kate's Rapture review, spoiler free.



It was released here in Australia early due to the long weekend (Queen's Birthday on the 11th), and so I've written this review sans spoilers. There's a few people I know of here that haven't read it yet, so spoiler free is for their benefit as well, if they happen to come across this.

Rapture. The name for the concluding volume of the Fallen series just screams apocalyptic. Lauren Kate certainly did her homework when it comes to religious context, and she's made the story work.

Fear not. There were a few moments, as I was sitting in bed reading this marvellously weaved story, which made me audibly gasp and absorb the story's events and revelations. While the whole Fallen series could be criticised as being vague; this is not the case with Rapture.

Rapture is the book of answers. We find out who the important angel is that tips the scales. We discover Lucifer's motivations. We discover why Luce was treated like a porcelain doll and not expected to know better. I have to admit that I suspected Lucifer's motivations a little while through (there were hints) but it was all the more exciting for them to be known definitively within the story.

Rapture is a wonderful reward for those who have stuck with the story, and I recommend you try this series if you want something a little fun to read. Having been with the story for about three years, this was a suspenseful series to read as it was released.

1 comment:

  1. Rapture picks up where Passion left off, but as I said I would read Fallen in Love right before Rapture, for the best flow of the storyline. Lauren has this way of writing that captivates me and I get completely lost in Luce's world. It is almost as if I become a part of this world--don't you just LOVE books that do that (and authors that are able to write amazingly awesome books that can make their readers feel this way)?!

    We see our old friends, meet some new friends, find out who the true enemies are and more in this story. Luce and friends are in a battle against time to find the place where the angels fell to the earth, before Lucifer erases the past. Talk about pressure, huh?! Luce truly comes into her own in this book. I was proud of how she matured throughout the series. She really embraced her fate and was finally able to discover who she was and the pieces of her past started falling into place.

    I will warn you, though, Lauren pulled out all the stops on this one. There is a war going on, and there are some violent parts, and sadly, we have to say goodbye to some of our beloved friends **tears**. I admit to going through a full range of emotions while reading this book (happy, sad, bawling, laughing, happy tears, rolling on the floor laughing, cringing...you get the picture). I admit that I cried through many parts of this book and had my jaw literally drop to the floor at a few others. Lots of twists and turns and some stuff I totally did not see coming!!

    ReplyDelete