Friday, February 22, 2013

Thoughts on Swedish winter.



So on coming here I was told that Swedes are reserved in winter, winter can be quite melancholy, etc etc. After living here for about a month and having come back from Barcelona, I can understand that a little bit more. Having come from the merry old land of Oz, having never really seen snow before; you could excuse the first week. Of my walking around, taking pictures of everything, wide eyed and my jaw being dragged in the snow as I walked.


Again; perspective, perspective, perspective. If I had lived here all my life, I would understand the melancholy one would feel with a Swedish winter. Having just made an errand to the post office, trudging solo through the snow, things could have been so much different for me. If it wasn't for this awesome bunch of friends and foreign exchange students I've met, things would be all the more grim.


Just thinking of all my future trips this semester; Lapland early March, Tallinn in April, and some possibilities include Copenhagen, London and Paris. This exchange is turning out to be the experience of a lifetime, and I still look around now thinking that I got myself here, I literally worked my back out to save up for this, and I'm finally here in Europe.


I'm still in awe. Things are still interesting. There's always a little bit of interesting in every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment