Sunday, June 28, 2009

WHEEEEEEEEEE.

I feel like a baseball today: sore, cramped and tossed around. I'm definitely not going to sit in my emo corner at school any more. Speaking of, exams are finally OVER. The semester is OVER, and my Maths worries are OVER. I can finally start English Lit, which I couldn't do because it clashed with my compulsory Maths unit, which I'm dropping. :D :D :D

Holidays. Winter holidays. I love winter.

What to do, what to do? The answer? Reading for Lit. I've finished The Catcher In The Rye, found it to be very abstract and surprisingly adult. :

A Streetcar Named Desire, I read it when I got it because I made the connection between the play and the Simpsons episode, and I was very curious. This book also included the play The Glass Menagerie, and so I read that too. Found myself identifying with Laura, so strange and different that a guy caller can't find her attractive.

Which leaves Much Ado About Nothing. And I studied this play a couple of years ago.

My book Catty is finished, with the latest draft standing at 26,000 words. And I only just realised that I thought the writing would be hard, but getting published is the biggest difficulty I've ever faced. The main publishers I thought of aren't accepting unsolicited manuscripts. I even considered self-publishing with sites such as lulu.com and blurb.com, but these require money. :P

But I have found a potential: Penguin Books.

Some final touches to my manuscript, and I'll give them a try. Wish me luck? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment