Saturday, September 25, 2010

Obsessive love songs.

And you know what I mean. Supposedly love songs, but are in reality, obsession songs! Sometimes if you're in the right mood and moment they're perfectly fine, but to somebody sane...


A list. With examples.
  • Shiver by Coldplay. (From the moment I wake to the moment I sleep, I'll be there by your side, just you try and stop me)
  • If It Kills Me by Jason Mraz (And I will find a way to you if it kills me, if it kills me)
  • Hanging By A Moment by Lifehouse (I'm standing here until you make me move ... big alarm bells if somebody dedicates this to you :P )
  • Every Breath You Take by The Police. Speaks for itself.
Have any others? Would love to see!

4 comments:

  1. No one ever thinks of this one but Dave Matthews Band "Crash Into Me" Look at the lyrics.

    Also "Legs" and "Rid of Me" by PJ Harvey. "Be Silent, Be Still" is a great one from Emilie Autumn because it sounds so very pretty. Elvis Costello's "I Want You" is a classic one but made extra creepy when Fiona Apple covered it. Hope this helps :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Horror of our Love" -- Ludo (Honestly the whole song...) but here's a taste:

    "I'm a killer, Cold and wrathful
    Silent sleeper, I've been inside your bedroom
    I've murdered half the town
    Left you love notes on their headstones
    I'll fill the graveyards
    Until I have you"

    PS: Amazing song; beautiful vocals, incredible instruments, and insane lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want you by Summer Camp

    "If I could I'd kiss your lips so hard your entire face would bruise
    Put your name and blood on everyone and make the evening news
    I'd chain our fists together so that you could never leave.
    I'd make you love me so much that you'd have to ask permission to breathe."

    ReplyDelete
  4. dave Matthews band The stone

    ReplyDelete