Monday, September 27, 2010

Torment review - spoilers clearly marked, and complete with pictures.

Okay well my eyesight's gone fantastically blurry and I have that headache I used to associate with reading a new Harry Potter on the release day all in the one go. So excuse any possible errors. See, this is why I was stuck with glasses.

Different book series though.

So I wake up this morning thinking it's an ordinary school holiday morning. The puppy's chewed something new up and we find the mess. In the cleaning aftermath and the start of business hours have sunk in, the phone rings. I answer it without really expecting anything.

(Hey, my eyesight's cleared a bit. YES.)

The phone's for me? This never really happens. Huh. Wait. Book City? Pre-order? Torment's arrived for me? Huh. Okay. Thank you. Bye.

(Mum's just given me tea in my Supernatural mug. YAY.)

Wait, today's Monday. Torment's meant to come out tomorrow.
A DAY EARLY?! That's effective service.

So after collecting of funds* and dressing appropriately**, I made to leave.

And then I see this.

She only wants to see the world.

After that little distraction and an incredibly exhausting journey of self discovery***, I pick up my pre-order.

After getting home and eating, I start.

Now, my room is hardly the best place for reading except in the afternoon, (when the sun shines into the window and I can actually see, this timed out perfectly) and even then I had to arrange my setting accordingly.****


I could've sat in the back or front yard, but the dogs would have bothered me in the former and I would've had random strangers stare if I'd chosen the latter.

So, there it was.

Torment.

****SPOILERS BEGIN HERE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.****

Well, MILES! He just leapt out at me the most. I could tell what was going to happen there with regards to Luce. I mean SHEESH. What with Daniel holding her at arm's length and being left with practically nothing to satisfy her curiosity other than dangerous methods, I wouldn't blame her. Still, when she would push Miles away I found myself irritated by her. I mean, here's this perfectly great guy you're stringing along because you don't know what you want. It's getting almost Twilight-ish for me.
The school made a lot more sense in context rather than just reading the blurb. More information about those Announcers, which made little to no sense in Fallen, so that was such a relief to have explained. I had to comb through Fallen before this, trying to find something I'd missed - all those shadows following her and suddenly they're out of focus, whaaaat the heckkkkkkk. Torment definitely fills that awful gap better.

That battle at the end on the Price's front front lawn. Another RANDOM BATTLE, but I was kind of expecting an EPIC END BATTLE as I was thumbing through the last of Torment. Luce's exit was understanding, I would have done that myself, heck, I felt like doing that reading this.

Miles reflecting Luce! I caught on to that as soon as she saw it. "They say it's easy to do with the people you, like, love. . . He loved her."

Well DUH. It's the POWER OF LOVE. *Back to the Future air guitar solo*

****SPOILERS END HERE. ****

In short? BEST MONDAY EVER.
But I got no work done like I'd intended for today. GULP.


*Asking for an advance of money
**skinny jeans I'm wearing heaps lately, random tee and the usual chucks
***couple of blocks walk to the mall
****restrain that stupid curtain that was blocking my light

No comments:

Post a Comment