Saturday, February 19, 2011

Goodbye Mildura...

[Insert backing soundtrack music appropriate for a blog post about moving away...]
(There Goes The Fear by Doves. Wait for it to load, and adjust the volume before you play.)


I can't believe it. The day's finally here.




It's almost hard to believe, mainly because of the anticipation of this day's arrival has built up over such a huge span of time. Mixed feelings. It's a little scary. But exciting at the same time. Like being on a rollercoaster, I guess.

Of course, there's things I'm grateful I was in Mildura for. Those random moments  when I've laughed so hard, I thought my lungs would burst. Those moments when all I felt were unfiltered happiness. The moments that canceled out any overwhelming bitterness I arrived with, and shaped me into a much happier person.

A great many of this would not have occurred if I'd never come here and met so many awesome people. This was the defining moment of my life. I've changed to the point where I can't pretend the Mildura part of my life never happened, and there's a definite number of people from here that will inevitably stay in my life.

But I'm going back to the place I love. Being the best that I can be because I chose it.

Long story short? Thanks, Mildura. See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment