Friday, February 4, 2011

Lovers in Japan.

Original here. How amazing?!

They are turning my head out
To see what I'm all about
Keeping my head down
To see what it feels like now
But I have no doubt
One day, the sun will come out

This particular verse was almost a little mantra of mine over the last couple of years. To stay faithful and happy, even on my darkest days when it felt like things were so awful I just wanted it to end.

I've served my time. And I got through it. The sun's come out.

And though I haven't believed in much - how could I when so much has let me down? - I look at this verse and think about faith.

Though there are many that think non-religiously, people still have faith. 
In themselves, in each other, in their hopes and dreams, in their future.

This verse reminded me that my faith is like believing in a deity. You can't see it right in front of you, but it motivates you to be the best person you can be and struggle through the pain of it all. The pain seems to be at the forefront of it all, but you still believe. And when it's your time, you'll finally receive everything you believed in -- in spades.

The majority of the verse seems to be about pain, but there is a hopeful undertone that rings out in the last two lines. I guess it all depends on which you concentrate on; the pain or the hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment