Friday, June 10, 2011

I'm just a waitress.

So... I've got a job. At least I can say the "I'm just a waitress" Sookie Stackhouse line without quoting it like usual.

So learning a menu for homework. And table numbers.


Let's just say, I'm glad I'm not telepathic at the moment.

Anyway, I think this is a great opportunity to people watch as well, once I nail it all down. The first order I took was from a guy who had this fairly strong accent (French? Italian? Somewhere from Europe!). That was fun.

And - even though it's been a while since I was consistently clumsy - this may help to exorcise my Demon of Clumsy once and for all. Though I won't press my luck and try balancing three plates. That would be something to learn later.

It's load of fun. I think I'm going to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment