Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Television studio...



Started my television studio class; and boy, I now have a lot more respect for the crews out there everywhere.

After the OH&S walk through, we were given a news exercise that we would run through a few times, each time rotating the many roles involved. The first role I filled was lighting desk; this involved setting up the two lighting set ups the exercise involved - after that it was switching between the two.

The next role I had was shadowing audio - but this turned out to be assisting audio. This involved miking that rotation's presenters, and keeping in synch with everyone involved in the control room; the director's cues, DA, visual mixer, EVS etc.

The next rotation I was out on the studio floor observing; and from this viewpoint the chaos of the control room was hidden - all but the backstage monitor beside me. The packages and audio were sometimes late and graphics had some sort of hiccup, but that's all part of the learning process! And it was so much fun this time around.

At least I wasn't director or DA...this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment