Friday, January 18, 2013

Solo adventures...




So the thing with Jack Torrance in The Shining is that the film failed to portray him properly. The novel presented us with a character who had existing personal demons but was in control and repenting for his past actions. The hotel may have pushed him to the manic point, but the truly scary thing is that it tapped into his personal demons and fears. The film just portrayed him as menacing from the start.

...okay, I'm avoiding the subject.


My apartment is (mostly) packed at this stage, and this is the state of my suitcase.  
My paperwork and entertainment utensils are gathered.
My flight is tomorrow night.

This is my first overseas trip overseas; solo. And this is no touristy trip, either. 
I am going to live somewhere else for five months.

Wish me luck... and and I wish you luck with your own solo adventures.
...no matter what they may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment