Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A new year, a new set of happenings.



So it's been an interesting few days. New Years' Eve and Day proved to be equally eventful. Eve involved working a shift before heading to a new friend's gathering to await the ball to drop. There was much fun had and, yes, an amount of alcohol was consumed. Day involved spending time with these friends and some family time. I'm living my life and appreciating. Feeling. Laughing. Living.

Elbow's album Leaders of the Free World is number three in their discography, and I'm approaching with caution. I've liked the two previous albums quite a bit and trying to keep in mind that there was, in fact, time between albums and things happen, things change. Of course the music is going to be effected as a result. Not that it's not still great, songs such as 'Mexican Standoff' still prove to be my inspiration between friends and work.

I've recently retained Doves' entire discography and intend to listen to it soon; if not, then overseas. I've only had their best of album and loved it, so I'm hoping for a few surprise tracks somewhere in there.

I've also started Mad Men, and it's a good watch. It's a fascinating one, certainly, as a Media and Communication student currently on holiday. The values, the fashion, the cinematography; it's like watching a living magazine.

I've had The Great Gatsby sitting on my nightstand for months and I've just picked it up. Hopefully I start reading, it feels like I haven't been able to keep reading consistently for months now. With the exception of one (a gag, turned surprisingly riveting!) book.


Just over two weeks until I leave the country. And still not quite comprehending.

No comments:

Post a Comment