Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Brand New Colony - The Postal Service ♥


I'll be the grapes fermented
Bottled and served with the table set

In my finest suit, like a perfect gentleman


I'll be the fire escape
That's bolted to the ancient brick
Where you will sit and contemplate your day

I'll be the water wings
That save you if you start drowning
In an open tab when your judgement's on the brink

I'll be the phonograph
That plays your favorite albums back
As you're lying there, drifting off to sleep

I'll be the platform shoes
And undo what heredity's done to you
You won't have to strain to look into my eyes

I'll be your winter coat
Buttoned and zipped straight to the throat
With the collar up so you won't catch cold

I want to take you far
From the cynics in this town
And kiss you on the mouth
We'll cut our bodies free
From the tethers of this scene
Start a brand new colony
Where everything will change
We'll give ourselves new names
(Identities erased)
The sun will heat the ground
Under our bare feet
In this brand new colony

Everything will change, ooo... 

No comments:

Post a Comment