Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Catty: Draft #1

I printed a first draft of Catty a little while ago, and every now and then I would pull it out and go through all my mistakes/write more material, but I would only get about five minutes! Yesterday I really attacked it, pointing out mistakes and replacing words with better ones. It was a little painful to have to detach myself from it and attack it, but that was the only way I could really edit it properly.

(New snippets are in italics)

Tim glanced around then, and spotted Shelly.
In that instance, time stopped.
Shelly's knees turned to jelly.
Student's voices became lower, monster-like. Movements besides her own and Tim's became slower, resembling snails.
Tim's eyes locked onto her own; bright, grass green, confident, happy. And unobstructed by his glasses.
And to Shelly, those were all that existed to her.

Junk like that. I won't be putting up more today. But the book is REALLY moving along.

1 comment:

  1. YAAAAY omg thats great to hear you're making such good progress...keep it up =D

    ReplyDelete