Saturday, April 11, 2009

Introduction

I'm Michelle, otherwise known as Shelly and Mishy Moo, but the latter is reserved for my favourite aunt and a couple of close friends.

Hey.

This is already weird.

I might talk a little about my writing. Songfics (for those reaching for the dictionary, that's fiction twined through song lyrics, so that they both fit: if you listen to the song while reading it, an almost emotional atmosphere is created) happen to be my specialty.

I used A Series of Unfortunate Events characters by Lemony Snicket as a big jump off, as being a member of 667 Dark Avenue (a big fansite about the series, and is still going strong after about three years since the series ended), where a majority of my writing - okay, most of my writing originated. For a couple of year I was fixated on the Quigley/Violet couple - and A Series of Quiglet Events was born: hence the name of this blog - quiglety madness . . . and beyond.

Now, almost three years later, things have turned into a whirlwind of colour and sound. Here I sit, typing these words. My 667er friends are possibly friends I've made for life as I close in on my 4th year anniversary as a member. The whirlwind is all the more unreal when I'm referred to as "the fanfic queen".

Truth is, I'm a teen who stumbled apon an effective way to express herself.

A Series of Quiglet Events is over now, but with about the equivalent of two years' worth of emotion captured in the work I love. Many people gave me grief about ending ASOQE, but they had no idea what it meant.

It's not an ending. It's a beginning.

Post-Euphoria/Pre-Dysphoria followed. Another songfiction series, but less Quiglet.

And I'm also attempting a book. Attempting is the key word.

Although this is a blog, it is like sailing off into uncharted waters - I don't know if it'll be read or not. But unless we take chances, we won't find what we're looking for. And I set up this blog because I know I want to look back on my life and be proud of my discoveries and work.

A diary is too conventional, too traditional.

And you can bear witness to my quest to discover myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment