Saturday, April 11, 2009

Catty

Catty is the name of the book I am attempting.

It's about a girl called Shelly (I couldn't resist using the name) who doesn't care what people think. She, through the course of fate, meets her other half, finds that people can be very wrong in their thinking and finds that she has an inner darkness from within: perhaps as trauma from her unique history and particular lifestyle.

I put a lot of myself into Shelly: perhaps because I've always wanted to be able to act without consequence and not care what people think. But while writing this book I've realised that while not caring what people think is not necessarily bad, it cuts you off from feeling and understanding people altogether. And I don't want to live like that - no way.

The book is still in the works, but it's almost finished. Needs a lot of fine tuning and junk. But I want this message 'spread to the people', so to speak.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Shelly! I saw a link to your blog over at 667, so I thought I'd stop by and check it out. It's awesome, just as I knew it would be.

    Your novel sounds very intriguing indeed, and I'd love to read it someday. So don't be surprised if I one day approach you at a book signing. ^_~

    ReplyDelete