Monday, April 13, 2009

"Strange and Beautiful (I'll Put A Spell On You)" by Aqualung


FANTASTIC song. Beyond fantastic. The lyrics may come off as a bit obsessive, but the music cancels it out. It's wonderful, magically enchanting.

The song can be found here (although it's live, so it's no too great, but I couldn't find the acutal video because YouTube took it off for some reason), and I found a marvellous cover over here.

This is the very song that I set Exhaustion to (which can be found here), and quite rightly too - Violet suffers from insomnia as a result of losing Klaus and Sunny: and Quigley, who had been planning to propose to Violet, can't cope properly. It ends in tragedy, but the song fits right in, right down to the lyrics.


I find this particular verse ironic, if it's from Quigley's point of view. Violet can't fall asleep, and therefore "can't realise that she loves him".

No comments:

Post a Comment