Thursday, January 6, 2011

All we know is distance, we're close and then we run.

I'm not a leisurely shopper. I do what I have to and leave.
Probably why boxing day sales were so nightmarish for me.

For any Harry Potter fans out there who are not aware of this, J.K. Rowling wrote a prequel short story.

I have been reading/watching/doing lately...

  • Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies prequel!)
  • Been plowing through The Southern Vampire Mysteries series by Charlaine Harris. Currently up to All Together Dead. I recommend reading these if you're a True-Blood-show-watcher. It's only when you read these books that you really understand how much originality the True Blood guys put into the show and mix it up rather than take everything from the books. Of course, if I'd read the books before watching the show, I'd be complaining about the changes rather than appreciating.
  • Episodes of The Gruen Transfer. I'm still determined not to vegetate.
  • Thinking about re-reading my copy of Euripides' plays (Medea, Hecabe, Electra, Heracles). Kind of nostalgic about Lit.
  • Haven't stepped beyond Chuck S1 because I hear the rest is really bad. Not unlike the whole Supernatural ordeal.
  • STILL working on Christmas presents for friends. Finished one of two just yesterday, and the other has about a week or so to go. Yes, I will blog more specifically later, but I am well aware that both of these friends read my blog. Wish I thought of this Great Idea around the end of exams, these would have been finished on time. Well worth it guys, HOME MADE.
  • Crossing my fingers for new pairs of Chucks sometime soon. My wonderful purple plaids are aging, sadly.
  • Enjoying the aftermath of the new years' eve party. Leftover food and drinks galore. Not to mention Nicola's awesome rainbow cupcakes and cookies.
I also love to pack for trips. 
The worst part of packing for me would be packing to go home. 
And unpacking when I get home.


The word doesn't sound real any more. Packpackpackpackpackpackpackpackpackpackpack.

But YAY. I'm actually doing something these holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment