Sunday, December 19, 2010

I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone...

It's been an amazing year with amazing people.
And though I didn't get the score I wanted, I'm not letting it stop me.
I'm working around it.
And I'm learning to appreciate the smaller but important things in life.

LIST TIME.

  • The cold side of my pillow.
  • A cat or kitten racing over for me to pat.
  • Unread, purchased books just waiting to be read (so you can imagine how I'm feeling when I walk into a bookstore).
  • Likewise, unwatched, purchased movies or tv shows. And as soon as I get home I rush to my little crowded room to watch with undiluted excitement.
  • Come to think of it.... my little crowded room. It's been called a shoe box by my friend Jewels, but I know now that it would be heaps messier if I had room to spread out. Having lived for two years in this room, the decorating mania had only really started late last year. 




It's had a desk moved in before exams and out after, and a week ago I (admittedly foolishly) tried to rearrange my room to fit everything in. Had to put everything back. I found a bunch of random things in the process including socks I'd never seen before in my life, my CD stash before I'd made the leap to current technology, and my water gun from muck up day.

I'm going to find it hard to say goodbye to this room.

On with the list.
  • New posters.
  • Fresh, crisp new book smell. Sometimes old book smell, but mostly new.
  • The smell of lens polish.
  • Listening to new music.
  • Rhyming dictionaries.
  • ...the fact that I have two dictionaries in my room. I know, I'm a freak!
  • Falling autumn leaves. 
  • Facebook notifications from awesome people. Sounds lame, I know.
  • Rain. Only thing better is...
  • Thunderstorms.
  • Hot chocolate. Especially while listening to rain or a thunderstorm.
  • Oddity gigs! Combine awesome music and awesome people. It's probably the only setting that I've abandoned myself and gone crazy. Definite highlights of this year and it's certainly illustrated my change. The first time I went to see these guys, this random hit on me... and I was freaked out. Now I just shrug it off and don't care. Especially when Oddity play "The Middle" for me and I get up on stage for a little bit. I'm really going to miss these guys and going to their gigs.
  • A reheated dinner and pecan pie after an amazing night out.
  • Frozen yogurt. Raspberry and blueberry flavours particularly.
I think that's it... there's probably more that I can't think of right now. 

And I invite you to collate your favourite things into a list.

No comments:

Post a Comment