Thursday, March 10, 2011

And let the sun rain down on me...

So yesterday was PACKED. The morning invovled a couple of tutes; one involving getting to know the new cameras I'll be working with (ohmygoodnesstechnologydrool), and the other settling into my Film History unit.

The day would have been capped off with a screening of Peeping Tom, one of the most complex and controversial (well, at the time) films I've seen so far. It pretty much destroyed the director's career, and considering the time period, it's not hard to see why.

But Deakin held The Amazing Race. Pretty much like a scavenger hunt except with actions and trivia about Deakin while running all over campus. The majority of my roommates entered as a team, and I managed to join about halfway through (the Peeping Tom viewing kind of cut into it for me, unfortunately). Some activities involved checking out a hilarious book from the library (we ran to the kid's section and found Let's Make Rabbits, enough said really!) to feeding each other fish blindfolded, to packing backpacks and running around with them, to brain puzzles and so much other stuff like that.

Needless to say, we won. I got a free backpack out of it. Awesome.

Some of us got a pizza each and ate half each, we were so hungry from running around! We went to Einstein's bar night afterwards to celebrate.

I'm doing fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment