Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'd pay to see you frown...

Happy Pat Day. I'm currently sitting in my dark hole with my sole drink, some water and some skittles. I'm planning to stay up until midnight for Panic!'s Vices and Virtues release tomorrow and to see if my pre-order will download after midnight. Four hours to go.



The Smallville S8 finale... my reaction was something like this.


I didn't realise how attached to Jimmy I'd become. Very very sad face.

So I'm trying to think about an essay and how I'm to plan it out. Feels impossible right now and it also feels like I've got this ticking timebomb in my hands and I have no idea what to do with it. But if I'm stuck holding it for too long, it'll blow up in my face.

I went shopping today and saw some random things.

  • One was a lady who couldn't accept her ticket was expired while I was sitting on the tram. The validator made the sound we all associate with an expired ticket and spat her ticket out. She asked out loud what was wrong with it and tried to validate her ticket on a different machine. Same result. She then proceeded to progress through the tram to validate her ticket on all the machines and declare they weren't working.
  • I also saw a worker in a supermarket. She was carrying dog food to stack on the shelves and something about her expression stuck with me. If I had one word for it... defeat.
  • And in contrast, the greeter I've seen there a few times before seems insanely enthusiastic about her job. I might be like that if I had a few glasses of Coke...every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment