Sunday, March 13, 2011

So it's not like near death experiences are exciting or anything...

...well, that may be an exaggeration, but here's why.

So my Mum had this dream a couple of nights ago that a great aunty (...who's been dead for three years) was hovering to her right while she was driving, and she said something like "Just keep driving" or something like that. She had no idea what it meant and she told me this while she visited me from Mildura.

So we're driving around Melbourne a little bit lost. We're pulling up to this set of traffic lights and there's this shuttle bus thing changing lanes to go right instead of straight. So there's some empty space in front of us. Mum doesn't pull into that right away.

So the green light goes for the right lane to start turning, and they start turning. No big deal, right?

But then Mum gets a little muddled, as we all do, and drives straight through the red light.

I'm in the passenger seat figuratively soiling myself.
I ask her, "You do realise that was a red light, right?"
She turns to me and goes, "Oh, was it?"
She was fairly calm to begin with. But then she started comprehending what could have happened and she starts figuratively soiling herself as well.

There could have been a turning car from the opposite direction.
Mum could've panicked and stopped.

And bang. Car accident right there in the middle of the intersection.
..."just keep driving", get it?

I'm telling you, it's a mixture of good karma and divine intervention getting me through life. Sometimes there's no such thing as coincidence.

...in other news, I did find the socks I was looking for today. You know, these kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment